Saturday, April 4, 2009

Its a Wonderful Life!


(A Note From Zack in Zambia)

Well, it doesn't always seem that way, but deep down, it really is a wonderful life. The last few weeks have been a roller coaster. I really don't remember where I left off last time, but we haven't let up on the building. Now we are painting, finishing floors, casting concrete counters, fixing doors, setting sinks and making electrical connections. It has been fun to stand back each day and see the progress being made.

I was fortunate enough to have a group from Cornerstone church come to help with the work. They were a huge encouragement to Randy and I and help us accomplish a lot. I know that they were also touched by their time here. Also, my friend Jen, from Minnesota is here visiting for a few weeks. She is helping with the painting and other finishes on the buildings.

During their time here we got to interact a bit with the orphans and their care givers. It was another reminder of why we are here doing what we were doing. So refreshing for that time to come now when the weight of the project and the "task at hand" gets so heavy.

When I picked up the group from the airport, I somehow lost my wallet which contained my passport, cash, credit cards, drivers license, etc. it was really embarrassing. Here I was, the leader of the group, the "guy on the ground" and Im the one making stupid mistakes. Oh well, humbling I guess. I went through the process of getting a new passport, which was surprisingly easy.

We are down the the last few weeks. Randy leaves this Wednesday. I have a couple more weeks and then i will be home. I should be in Des Moines on May 2nd. How has the time flown. I cant check out yet though, there is still a lot of work to do. I look forward to the day when the children will be cared for there. Already, some of the orphans have been stopping out the check the place out. They are blown away. Thanks to all who are making this possible for me and for the children here.

No comments: