Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Big Water Tower

(From Zack in Serenje)
So we had to build a tower to put the water tank on in order to maintain proper water pressure. This has been a hassle, because water towers are not in my realm of expertise, nor have I ever built, or put one up before. Seemed simple enough. With a little engineering help from Justin Dahlberg, we got it all built. It is a tank, definitely not going to collapse. But moving it proved to be quite an ordeal. There were 50 people all barking orders in a language that I don't understand. At one point I told them that "I needed more Indians and not so many chiefs." They just looked at me with a blank stare, I guess when I said Indians, they were thinking of guys with turbans on their heads instead of the guys with feathers on their heads. Whatever. Anyway, with the help of the truck we were able to move it. Tomorrow we get to tip it up. Hopefully that goes well.

No comments: