Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Psalm 39


Our church family is celebrating Lent by praying through the psalms (click here to learn more). Today I meditated on these verses from Psalm 39...

4 "Show me, O LORD, my life's end
and the number of my days;
let me know how fleeting is my life.

5 You have made my days a mere handbreadth;
the span of my years is as nothing before you.
Each man's life is but a breath.
Selah

6 Man is a mere phantom as he goes to and fro:
He bustles about, but only in vain;
he heaps up wealth, not knowing who will get it.

7 "But now, Lord, what do I look for?
My hope is in you.

The psalmist is right. Our lives are very fleeting and are gift from God. How can I make these days count for His Kingdom? for eternity?

As we put our hope in God and allow Him to direct our days, we're going to make our lives count - they won't be in vain.

The Hope Center is an incredible opportunity to offer our wealth to something that counts for eternity. Talk with Zack, Randy or any of the guys who are making huge contributions to the Center - you'll find no regret. If you are one of those who also contributes in any way ... thank you. Strengthening God's church in Zambia and helping to feed His hungry children -- what a privilege to be part of this!

No comments: