Sunday, March 22, 2009

The New Team




(from Jeff in Serenje)
A group from Cornerstone has arrived in Serenje. One of the men (Brian) said tonight, "I think this is one of the most life-changing days of my life." Well said.

The "worker guys" have put in a half-day on Saturday at the Hope Center. They will work all this week, beginning each morning at 7:00. They are a very capable and eager bunch. Can't wait to see what is accompolished this week!

Today we traveleld through the rain out to Kamena - a rural village about 40 kilometers from Serenje where we are delivering food to the orphans we care for out there. We had church out there as well.

I saw many friends. One godly man, one of the pastors-in-training named Robert, told me that he just lost his 16-month old daughter to malaria. His wife's eyes are hollow with grief. I hate this part of coming back here. Christopher told me of his 18-month old home sick with malaria. I think she'll make it. And these are the kids with loving, healthy parents!

I thank God for Cornerstone - sending us here. Caring. Extending mercy. Building God's church. These people are so deeply grateful for our church family. I'm grateful to learn more about what God's church ought to be every time I come here.

1 comment:

Jessie Nell said...

What an awesome church we are a part of!! May He always get the glory!