Thursday, December 18, 2008

Preacher Zack


The Men have been working very hard. On friday Randy and I had discussed providing lunch for the men, just as a good gesture. Many of the men do not eat over their noon break. We had a large load of cement to unload, a large load of lumber to unload and a lot of concrete to mix. It was a good day to provide lunch. At my morning address I told them that we would be doing Lunch together. You would have thought they had all been given the day off. They all cheered, jumped up and down. Huge smiles, old me giving me two thumbs up! I expected them to be happy, but the response I got was really fun. And all for about $25 to feed 40 men.

The picture above I took this morning of a 2 yr old boy who has been coming over to our house, opens the door and comes in. He speaks no english. His mother lives at the hotel next door. He is really cute and funny.

Today we went to Mukishi, a town about an hour away. There was a new church that Pastor Navice and his team had started. They had asked me to preach so I reluctantly did. I told an old Bemeba (their "tribe") and parralled it to the story of the Bible and Christ coming to save. It could have been better, but I got through it. When I was done, Navice asked for those who have givn their lives to Christ for the first time today to stand up. Of the 66 present, 11 stood up. It was good to know that my God has used me to bring his message to these people.

Big week this week. Randy leaves friday. We have a lot to do. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God that He has given you the opportunity to relate to the people in this way! The idea that lunch could bring such cheers really humbles me somehow. I think of all of the food I throw in the trash and let spoil in my refrigerator...what a contrast.

Also praising God that you had the opportunity to share His gospel and to bring it in to parallel with the people's culture. Perhaps those 11 will now be a light to the rest present. No doubt they will, as God is faithful.
"The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous runs into it and is safe." Prov.18:10
Blessings, jane