Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October 1, 2008











Here is a quick word from Zambia...
You would think that I would get accustomed to the miracles God does for us. They are so frequent and yet powerful -- I am still stunned and amazed at His grace.

On this trip (I am writing this from Navice's office) ... God has opened more doors than ever. We have met the District Manager (like a U.S. governor) of this region - the highest government official. He moved here for this position just one week ago. He met us, spent the evening with us and is EAGER to help us do whatever God puts on our heart to do. GOD IS GOOD! Even Navice is stunned by this one!

Today I had a reminder of why I am here. I reached down to pick up little Georgy - a three-year old boy the size of an eighteen-month old- a double orphan (both parents are dead). He looked into my eyes and played with my beard and rubbed my face and melted into my arms ...
and my heart. God brought us to the hundreds upon hundreds of Georgy's in Serenje.

I must go. There are setbacks. The enemy does not want us to succeed. But the glorious works of grace make these difficulties pale into insignificance. Thank God with me for the privilege of being His channel of grace!
Pastor Jeff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise be to our God who is more mighty and powerful than any government official. May the name of our Lord be made great in Serenje. Thanks for the updates, my heart and prayers are with you all. -Rachel

Anonymous said...

Please assure our brothers and sisters there that we pray 2 Thess 3:1-5 for them - - that the Lord's Word would speed ahead and that you would be delivered from the Evil one.

Pastor Chris Brauns.

" Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you, and that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men. For not all have faith. But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one. And we have confidence in the Lord about you, that you are doing and will do the things that we command. May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.(2 Th 3:1-5)."